April 26, 2014

38 Weeks



We are in the homestretch now! I'm still feeling pretty good and just trying to soak up as much rest and time with Lexi and Zara as possible. Even though "it's just one baby" I know she will make things more chaotic at least until we get into a new rhythm with three kids. The baby room is pretty much ready since we are reusing most of the twins' nursery furniture and decor. I bought a few new baby clothes because I can't resist baby girl clothes. Feeling like I'm forgetting something, I asked a few of my friends that each have three kids what else I need to do and the best advice was "put a bottle of wine in the fridge to chill for when you get home." Brilliant.

No signs of labor yet so we are wondering if this little girl is going to come sooner or later. I do have a backup c-section scheduled for May 16th, but I would love to do a vbac so hopefully I will go into labor before the 16th.

People keep asking me how this singleton pregnancy compares to my twin pregnancy and honestly it is still just so much easier and only slightly uncomfortable. I had a very easy twin pregnancy without bed rest and delivered by 36 weeks, but I had to stop working towards the end and was so swollen and just huge and sat on the couch for most of every day towards the end. This time I'm definitely slowing down a bit now and taking more naps, but still pretty much keeping up with the two three year olds, working, cleaning and cooking and doing all the normal life stuff.

Zara and Lexi are very excited and talk about their baby sister a lot. Yesterday when they got home from school I asked Lexi if she missed me and she said, "No, but I missed the baby!" Ha! Then earlier this week I heard them arguing in the playroom and Zara said to Lexi, "You are not my favorite sister anymore!" and Lexi retorted, "Well the new baby sister is going to be my favorite sister!" Let the threesome drama begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment