March 19, 2013

First Day

The girls started preschool yesterday. Cue the parents acting all excited when kids are around and then freaking out just a little bit when they are not in the room.


As you can see, Lexi and Zara were super excited. We dropped them off and they rushed to start playing and forgot all about us. I think it helped that we visited a few times so the girls were familiar with where their favorite toys ("jobs") are. Lexi told me a few times in the last week that she couldn't wait to play with the tongs at school again. When I picked them up a few hours later, they were happy until Zara started crying that she didn't want to leave. The teachers reported that they did great and were "great citizens". I guess they didn't swat them in the face or throw their cups across the room like they do at home :) Whew.

We talked about going to school a lot in the last few weeks leading up to it. They were mostly excited, but a little nervous. Lots of, "I will be ok because my sissy is there" and "if I need help, the teacher will help me." The girls told me that Lexi sat on Zara's lap during circle time because I wasn't there. Lexi is the mama's girl for sure and so lucky to have Zara. How much fun would it be to go to school with your twin sister?

Lexi and Zara are going to a Montessori preschool in our neighborhood two full days and one morning each week. Tomorrow is their first full day so I packed my first school lunches tonight! Hopefully all goes well tomorrow at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment