February 8, 2014

Snowbound

We are in the midst of the biggest snowstorm Portland has seen since 2008. For three days straight the snow keeps piling up. We have about eight inches of powder at our house now with a nice icy top layer of sleet falling outside now. We will likely be snowbound for at least another couple days until it all warms up. We are having a great time playing in the snow, baking, watching movies and playing lots of board games.

Thankfully we had some warning so I stocked up at Costco and we are well prepared with sleds and snow gear from all of our time in Yakima (where snow is normal).
Day 1 snow

Lexi


Hot chocolate is requested for cold bellies after playing in the snow. Good thing I received lots of fancy hot cocoa for Christmas!
Zara

Lexi

Zara - day 3


Zara

Not happy about face planting in the snow


I actually stayed inside baking and cooking the first two days while Marcus and the girls played outside. At 27 weeks pregnant, I don't really have a warm winter coat that fits. Today I barely zipped my rain coat up over my belly and went out to help the girls sled. So much fun! 

MVI 4281 from Natalie on Vimeo.

Tomorrow we might have to break out some toys I have stashed away for birthday presents and call the grandparents on Skype. I can only play Zingo or watch Frozen so many times. Yesterday we made Valentine cutout cookies and made a huge mess with dough and flour. The girls play really well together up in the playroom for an hour or two, but after that we end up breaking out the busy bags, board games and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment