December 4, 2013

Three and a Half

Having kids has ruined all my perfect judgement. I used to roll my eyes at people celebrating their kids' half birthdays. Guess what? Today was the half-way birthday for A&Z and we celebrated. I also used to have this standard that every member of the family should be on the Christmas card and not just the kids. Well this week I ordered our cards and low and behold, only the kids are pictured. That's what happens when you realize its already December so you put the kids in front of the tree, bribe with chocolate, dance around and get the dang picture! Boy I used to know everything before I had kids.

The half birthday is a big deal in the three year old world. Lexi and Zara talk about their birthday all the time. They are very focused on when they will turn 4 and then 5 and then get to go to kindergarten like the older kids at preschool. I'm not sure if the half birthday celebration appeased them or added fuel to the obsession.

Like any logical three year olds, they chose to celebrate with frozen yogurt at Menchies. No problem that it is the coldest day of the year today. Yum for me too!
Zara (left) and Lexi (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment