December 27, 2012

First Time Ice Skating

Figure skating was a huge part of my life growing up and continued as I coached kids thru my college years. As soon as I found out that I was pregnant with girls, I started dreaming about taking them ice skating. We finally decided they were old enough to try it out last week on my birthday. It was so much fun!!! I was so happy that they were both super excited to skate and stuck with learning the toddler basics for a good half hour. They both really want to go again so I consider that a big win!!! Lexi told me several times "let go of me, go away" because she wanted to be like the bigger kids and skate by herself. I still stuck close by.

Hopefully they continue to like skating  when we go again. It was such a fun family moment for the four of us to skate together. Here is Lexi showing her skills after about half an hour on the ice. 


MVI 2161 from Natalie on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment