June 17, 2010
Zara and Alexandra are two weeks old tomorrow and it has been an awesome two weeks with them. We are continuously reminded how lucky we were to take our 35 weekers home with us from the hospital without any NICU time or health issues. Our pediatrician told us it is pretty rare to take a baby under 5 lbs home with you (Zara was 4 lbs, 13 oz when we left the hospital).
Earlier this week at another pediatrician appointment they both were back up to their birth weights and had each grown an inch in those 10 days since they were born! So far they are long and lean at 2% for weight and 45% and 55% for height.
Other notes from the past two weeks:
- M told me he has "post-partum elation" :)
- We finally figured out how to tell the girls apart around Day 8 and confidently snipped those hospital bracelets off them on Day 10 (they were getting snug as the girls grew)
- The girls love baths and "tummy time"
- M has been reading to them a lot and playing music for them - they seem to like it
- We had a photographer come to our house to take newborn photos. The girls were naked in most of the photos and they both pooped on M numerous times (twice it was running down his legs). I managed to escape with only one small incident.
A big thanks to all of our family and friends who visited us in the hospital and at home, sent flowers and balloons and dropped off yummy dinners!
Labels: Weekly Updates