May 3, 2010

31 Week Update

We had ANOTHER ultrasound a few days ago ... I sound like a broken record. There is a lot to monitor with ultrasounds for identical twins (discordant growth, placenta blood flow, amniotic fluid levels, etc). Our perinatologist increased the ultrasound frequency to every three weeks. It was four weeks until recently. We also now see our OB every week.

The great news is that everything is going well and there have not been any complications! Baby A is 3 pounds, 4 ounces and Baby B is 3 pounds, 6 ounces and both continue to look healthy. Baby B is still breech and is actually sitting right on her sister's head. Apparently this is nothing to worry about, but it will be interesting to see if Baby B ends up having a dominant personality.

Both the OB and the Peri were very impressed with the health of the girls and that I am still working full-time and doing well. Yay! My doctor said she is predicting we make it to 38 weeks (the "best-case scenario" time frame) with the babies reaching 6 pounds each. Great for the girls, yikes for me!

I am starting to experience some swelling, but I guess that is to be expected and its nothing too bad yet. Sara and Lydia threw me a great baby shower Saturday so I will post pictures as soon as I collect them from all the photographers that were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment