July 31, 2013

Harvest Time


Its takes two to carry this giant 5 pound zucchini. Tomorrow on my day off with the girls, I'm hoping to use it up with zucchini/banana/flax muffins, shred and freeze for later use and stir fry for dinner. Marcus brought this one home from a co-worker. I drove by some kids on the neighborhood corner with a lemonade stand yesterday and a sign that said "free zucchini". It's yum season around here!

Our garden is green and lush with lettuce, cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes. I'm hoping to spend some time making tomato sauce and canning tomatoes when they all go ripe in a few weeks.

The freezer is stocked with at least 20 pounds of blueberries and several jars of raspberry jam from berries that we picked at the local berry farm earlier in July.  Next up is picking blackberries for more jam and freezer desserts. Man I love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment