July 26, 2011

Camp Poops-A-Lot

Marcus told me I need to blog more of the little happenings from our days here at Camp Poops-A-Lot so here goes.

Both girls, especially Zara, hate getting their diapers changed. Its fairly common for this age. I read that it is developmentally inappropriate for babies/toddlers in the 12-18 month age group to enjoy being confined in one spot (changing table, car seat, etc).

As I was getting the girls ready for bed last night, I changed Zara's diaper (no poo) at about 6:45. To appease the princess, I sang twinkle, twinkle and entertained her with a bottle of diaper cream. Then I changed Lexi. We rinse and repeat around here. Whew, done with that fun chore for the night.

Oh, but hold on because at 6:48 as soon as I finished with Lexi, Zara squats over pushing on the bookshelf for leverage, squeezing her face with focus and bam, the smell hits me. Crap. Literally in all definitions of the word.

Up she goes back on the changing table for another diaper change and the screaming starts right on cue, with even more vigor this time. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING UP HERE AGAIN LADY? YOU JUST CHANGED MY DIAPER THREE MINUTES AGO! HELLO? I AM NOT HAPPY! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME AGAIN?

Well, little Z, you pooped your pants right after I changed you. Do you want to sleep in it for the next 12 hours? Please, for the love of all that is decent, keep your hands and feet out of the poo and this will go much faster. No fun for me either, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment