April 4, 2011

Moroccan baby food

I really enjoy making the girls' pureed baby food and happily/sadly that is coming to an end as they are eating mostly table foods now. They are still enjoying the purees I have already stocked in the freezer. This recipe is one of their favorites (and I think it tastes good too!) I adapted it from here.

Moroccan Puree

peeled/diced sweet potatoes
baby carrots (I use the baby carrots because I don't have to peel or chop)
white beans (canned or cooked)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
chicken broth or water (enough to cover about half the veggies in the pot)

1. Place all ingredients in pot and bring to boil on high
2. Turn to low and put lid on - let simmer for 45 minutes (or until veggies are very soft)
3. Using stick blender, blend to desired consistency

I don't use specific measurements for the ingredients, but try to use equal parts of the main ingredients. I save a bit in the fridge for 2 days worth and freeze the rest in single portions (silicone ice cube tray or muffin tin)

No comments:

Post a Comment